Lewiatan Business Angels (LBA) is probably the largest and most active Polish network of private investors’ known as Business Angels. It was established in 2005 with the use of the EU funds with the support from Polish Confederation Lewiatan, the largest Polish private business organization.
LBA main goals are:
- to promote the Business Angels investment in Poland,
- to match Business Angels with companies seeking growth funding,
- to exchange experience and encourage best practice.
LBA assists in gaining capital for companies on an early stage of their development, including seed and start-ups, which yet could not be financed by banks nor by venture capital companies, and helps to identify the best source of Angel financing for each individual business.
LBA team reviews about 200-300 investment projects a year. There is no industry focus. However, LBA discourages financial and real estate related projects. Only about 20-25 projects are presented to the selected investors or to all club members on the regular pitching sessions. At all times investors make their decisions on their own. The typical ticket size is in the EUR 100-300k range, although the single largest investment recorded over EUR 1m.
Examples of companies that received financing due to the LBA are:
- W Biegu Café, a network of coffee bars, eventually sold to a strategic investor;
- ANT ISS, an IT company that develops controlling and measuring applications for industrial installations;
- Ozumi Films, a production company that specializes in delivering production solutions for film teams from all over the world;
- LEGIC, Luxury Goods Import Company Ltd. imports and distributes the luxury products and is an exclusive agent of the following brands: Montblanc, Longchamp, Raymond Weil and ST Dupont;
- Likwidator Pomoc Ubezpieczeniowa, an insurance assistance company;
- Medicalalgorithmics, a worldwide developer of innovative solutions and systems for signal and data processing in medical applications. Now listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange;
- Flashbook.pl, a publishing house that specializes in business and personal development publications;
- GoldenEgg, a financial consulting company; eventually sold to a strategic investor;
- Apeiron Synthesis, a chemical company which offers efficient catalysts for the production of high-value specialized chemical products (pharmaceutical, cosmetics, advanced polymers, etc);
- Synthex, a chemical company, synthesis of specialty chemicals;
- Estom, rescue sets manufacturer;
- Air Ventures, a system of shared ownership of planes;
- Ekobilet, a ticketing service;
- Homeplex, application for designing and renovating interiors;
- Tech Sim, a manufacturer of flight simulators for general aviation;
- XTRF, a software company specialized in translation management process.
A number of private investors and some start-ups owners care much about their privacy effectively prohibiting LBA from making their deals public.
For more information please contact:
Lewiatan Business Angels
3, Zbyszka Cybulskiego Street